Dr. Mark R. Hatch
Purpose, Passion, Insight, & Action.Mark is an award-winning CEO, “godfather” of the maker movement, and sought-after speaker, advisor, and consultant on purpose driven innovation. He is faculty at Singularity University and Pepperdine’s Graziadio Business School, where he teaches digital transformation and innovation strategy to the next generation of values-based leaders.
Speaker - Author
- “I want to thank Mark… for the great work they’ve done in helping to set up TechShop” - President Barak Obama.
- The San Francisco Business Times presented Mark with the “Bay Area’s Most Admired CEO Award” in 2012 in the innovation category.
- Fast Company recognized him in their “Who’s Next” column.
- He was named a “Biz Dev Ninja” by Xconomy.
- He was recognized as one of “25 Leaders in the New Industrial Revolution” by Popular Mechanics.
- And was named one of “These 12 Remarkable Veterans Changed Business Forever” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
Background and training
- DBA Pepperdine University Graziadio Business School
- MBA from the Drucker Center at the Claremont Graduate University.
- BA in Economics from UC Irvine.
- AS in Computer Science.
- U.S. Army Special Forces - Green Beret.
- Entrepreneur in Residence, UC Berkeley.